Thursday, June 30, 2011
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Sunday, June 12, 2011
What was wrong with the before you ask? It just wasn't girly and youthful enough. So, with a little turquoise paint from my floor project, gold leafing, green frog tape, spray shellac and new colorful knobs, I created a beauty for my beauty.
Disclaimer: the room was a little dark when I took the pictures, so you can't see how beautiful it really is...so much for cell phone cameras, but you get the idea.
Friday, June 10, 2011
Wednesday, June 8, 2011
It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you.
Without a strong rhyme to step to.
Think of how many weak shows you slept through.
Time's up, I'm sorry I kept you.
Yes, I’m back. It’s been six months. S-I-X. Since starting my blog this is the longest hiatus yet, but let me tell you. I need a break from Groundhog Day I seem to be in.
I know you are sitting there reading this saying one of the following things:
· Tami what happened with the call?
· Did you go to Ethiopia yet?
· Is Isley home?
· What the #$%@ is going on?
Well, over here in Tamiland - remember the place that is all about me – pretty much it is the same crap, except with a different situation. Oh, do I sound a tad bit angry, bitter or fed up? Yup! Pretty much I am! I will fill you in on all the little details in the upcoming posts, but let me answer a few outstanding questions.
1. The call. I was in total shock and then I looked at my daughter’s picture and wasn’t sure if the agency didn’t make a mistake. Truth.
2. The referral. I got over my insanity and began falling in love with the photo and the idea of finally being a mother.
3. Ethiopia. I went to Ethiopia and fell totally and completely in love with my daughter…crying on the way out because I had no idea when I would go back to bring her home for good and that was March 13.
4. Isley. WOW. My baby girl is amazing. I love MY KID and she loves her momma. The nannies at the foster care center said she doesn’t like new people and they were amazed that she did not fuss one time with me. Not one time. We were like yin and yang from the first moment we saw each other. Did I mention how beautiful and sweet she is?
5. Waiting. My waiting has been terrible! I received my referral Dec. 8th. Had court on March 9th. Failed court on June 8th. Did I mention June 7th was my birthday? Thanks for the memories.
6. Changes. I probably hold the recognition for being the person in this process the longest. I have experienced almost every change that Ethiopian adoption can give you and can I tell you…I am worn the hell out. Sorry, I’m trying to keep this as G rated as possible, but I am EMOTIONALLY SPENT!
7. Now what? Well, I keep waiting. I received the referral of my beauty when she was 3 months and now she is 9 months. At best it will be two more months before she comes home. Let’s not talk about the worst. If the worst happens I’ll be collecting for a second trip to spend more time with my baby.
That’s about it! Sorry for the months delay and for this post not being encouraging, supportive or giving more information. Frankly, I just needed an outlet to provide a $%(* fest! I so need a different way to release all these emotions and kickboxing once a week is not enough. I need to kick box EVERYDAY!
Oh, I don’t even have the patience/energy right now to spell, grammar or content check this, so this is a one thought, one type, hit blogger post! Check it in your head for me, I know you all are way smart! Maybe I’ll do more of those in the upcoming future: What the heck is eating (or beating) Tami today?
Saturday, December 11, 2010
Yes, Sen and Mercy you were right in the name game. Baby I's name is Isley "R" (oh, yes another letter we cannot share the official name of until we pass court). After looking at that beautiful face I just couldn't stand to call her Baby I again.
So, until I write the next post, here are some fun facts about Isley R, she:
- is a happy and healthy 3 month old (translation...stealing the other kids bottles)
- looks like a chocolate cherub (translation: sweet and beautiful with pouty lips) or an M&M (translation: round and bald head)
- has the biggest prettiest eyes (translation: will be able to wrap everyone around her finger...my girl)
- is very verbal (translation: has a big mouth like the rest of her family)
- loves to play (translation: will be creative)
- has the cutest little smirks and smiles (translation: will get into everything)